Wanneroo City Soccer Club!
Just letting everyone know we are now a Gold Medal Good Sports club. That means we are ahead of the pack when it comes to being a healthy, safe and inclusive club to play Soccer at.
What is Good Sports?
Good Sports is Australia’s largest and longest running health initiative in community sports. A free program for all Australian clubs, Good Sports aims to build stronger communities by championing positive change and helping to create safe and family-friendly clubs that thrive.
Gold Medal Accreditation
Being a Gold Medal member means we have supportive, effective policies and action plans in place around:
- Alcohol practices
- Illegal drugs
- Licensing requirements
- Mental health
- Safe transport
- Supporting junior members
- Tobacco management
We’re a proud Gold Medal Good Sports club! The Good Sports program:
- Makes our club stronger by reducing risky drinking and creating a healthy club environment
- Brings in members, volunteers and sponsors who are attracted to our strong organisation, community spirit and family-friendly values
- Gives us free access to program staff, tools and resources to make our club the best place it can be
- Helps us comply with legal requirements
Help spread the word
The more people know and understand about our Good Sports Gold Medal accreditation, the better it is for our club. Take a look at the Good Sports website and tell your friends.